Tuition and fees
- An annual registration fee per child is payable at the time of registration and is non-refundable.
- Prepayment for care is always required at Launch. Tuition for the entire month is due on the 1st day of the month, prior to the month of care provided, including during the summer months (tuition for camps beginning in June is due June 1st, tuition for camps beginning in July is due July 1st, and tuition for camps beginning in August is due August 1st. A late fee of $10 will be imposed on any payments received after the 5th of the month. Launch will discontinue care for any child with unpaid tuition after the 8th of the month. Payment for extended care (i.e. early dismissal, full days, and drop-in care) must be prepaid as well.
- The first child in a family is full price. A sibling discount of 10% is granted to all additional children in the family. The sibling discount applies to base tuition only and is applied to the child(ren) with the lowest tuition.
- Tuition may be paid online via TuitionExpress.com or PayPal (visit www.agatik.com/wordpress/launch and click on “Pay Bill.” It is not necessary to enter an invoice number, but please include your child’s name, the amount, and a description of what you are paying e.g. “May tuition”). If you prefer, you may pay by check or money order. Checks or money orders may be turned in at your child’s site or mailed or delivered to our main office at 5950 6th Ave. S, Suite 109, Seattle, WA Credit/debit card payments are also accepted by the Program Director at your child’s center or by calling 206.726.7972.
- Launch sends monthly tuition statements by email. All families are asked to provide Launch with a current email address and to notify Launch of any changes in email addresses. Our strong preference is to email statements but if receiving statements by email presents a hardship to you, please contact the Launch Finance Department to make alternate arrangements.
- A $20 fee will be assessed for non-sufficient fund (NSF) checks and payment by money order or credit/debit cards will be expected for all future payments.
- Launch’s preschool programs are part of the Seattle Preschool Program. Our preschool calendar generally follows the same calendar as Seattle Public Schools. Tuition for 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on school days is paid directly to the Seattle Preschool Program. Tuition for before and after preschool, school closure days, and summer programs is paid directly to Launch.
- School year tuition is divided into ten equal monthly payments, and does not include summer camp. 100% tuition will be charged September through June. Winter Break, Mid-Winter Break and Spring Break months are not discounted. June tuition may or may not be discounted depending on when the school year ends.
Summer Program Tuition and cancellation policy
During the summer, full camp tuition is charged each week. Families may elect to attend for less than the full week, but tuition will not be pro-rated. We do not offer a daily drop-in rate during the summer. If you wish to make a schedule change or cancel a week of camp, you must notify your Program Director in writing or via email no later than one week prior to the start of camp. If we do not receive written/email notification by the deadline, you will be responsible for full tuition for the entire week of camp.
Launch provides optional fee for service care on in-service days, early dismissal, and other school closure days. Optional care for in-service days and other school closure days is provided for an additional fee to be paid in advance of the care. Optional early dismissal care may or may not be part of your regular tuition and may require an additional fee to be paid in advance of the care. Drop-in care is also available at an additional fee to be paid in advance of the care.
Launch has a limited tuition assistance program. Funds are available to those who qualify on a first-come, first-served basis. Families can apply for tuition assistance for up to half of the full monthly tuition. Tuition assistance is only available for regular monthly tuition; it does not include extended care. Each summer and school year period, families must reapply for tuition assistance. Amounts will remain constant, unless the child’s schedule has been reduced or funding is received from the State or City.
To apply for tuition assistance:
- You must be employed, receiving unemployment benefits, or be enrolled in an educational or training program
- Ask your Program Director for an instruction sheet and tuition assistance application
- Complete the tuition assistance application
- Attach documentation that DSHS and City of Seattle funding agencies have found your family ineligible or placed the family on a waiting list for funding
- If you have DSHS or City of Seattle Funding, your co-pay must be over $100 per month
- Attach two recent pay stubs
- Attach copy of last year’s W-2
- Attach copy of proof of enrollment in an educational or training program (if applicable)
Once the required items are received by the Program Director, delivered to the Finance Department, and evaluated by Launch’s Finance Director, applicants will receive a determination letter or email regarding their tuition assistance request.
Tuition assistance is not guaranteed and Launch reserves the right to discontinue tuition assistance at any time.
- Your co-payment amount is determined by the organization providing funding (DSHS, City of Seattle, etc.) and is subject to change. You are responsible for payment of care not covered by the funding source and your copayment must be paid in advance, due on the 1st of each month.
- Written proof of coverage is required before care can begin. If proof cannot be obtained prior to enrollment, you must pay in advance for your child’s care. You must be allocated full-time hours from your subsidy organization to get full-time care during school breaks, in-service days, other school closure days, and summer camp. If you are only allocated half-time care, your child may only attend half days. For city subsidy families, additional fees for school-age care will be charged during school breaks, and may be charged for in-service days and other school closure days.
- Absences may not exceed the amount allowed by the funding organization (DSHS, City, Family and Education Levy, etc.). The number of allowed absences is subject to change based on the funder’s guidelines. Because Launch receives little or no funding for students with excessive absences, we will counsel families to help improve attendance and if necessary, dis-enroll students with continued excessive absences.
- Launch will notify DSHS/City of Seattle if notice of schedule change or termination of care is not given or if families leave Launch with unpaid co-pays.
Cancellations, Schedule Changes, and Late fees
- Account credit or refunds are not given for sick days, weather related closures, closures required by licensing requirements (including power outages, plumbing failures, etc.), natural disasters or other unscheduled absences.
- Launch does not issue refund checks. If you cancel participation in an upcoming program for which you have already made payment, we will issue credit on your account to be used towards future tuition. Credit will not be issued unless a Schedule Change Form is submitted by the required deadline (see below). If a family still has an unused credit after their youngest child reaches middle school age the credit will be donated to Launch’s tuition assistance program.
- For schedule changes/cancellations during the school year: If you wish to make a schedule change or cancel childcare needs, you must submit a Schedule Change Form to your Program Director no later than the 20th of the month proceeding the change. Your will be responsible for the full tuition for the following month unless you submit your Schedule Change Form by the 20th of the current month. Please see summer program section above for summer cancellation policies.
- Children must be picked up by the end of their scheduled day (example by 6:00 pm for a child signed up for 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and by 4:00 pm for a child signed up for 9:00 am to 4:00 pm).
- As is standard among child care providers, late pick-up fees are charged. Beginning at 6:01 m. (or 4:01 p.m. or one minute after whatever time the schedule ends), a $5.00 late charge will be assessed for the first 1-5 minutes and then $1.00 for every minute thereafter.
- Occasionally Launch offers “Early Bird Discounts” for school breaks or summer programs. To receive the discount families must register AND pay in full by the Early Bird deadline. Early bird registrations cannot be cancelled or rescheduled – once you sign up and pay you will not receive credit if you do not attend, and you may not reschedule the dates.
- For those families who want the option to cancel a school closure day, we also offer a “regular registration” option. The regular registration option allows you to receive credit on your account if you have to cancel. The only exception is if you cancel without giving us advance notice. Full tuition is charged if you register for a closure day but do not let us know you will not be attending at least the day before.
- Exceptions to these policies in the form of written proposals will be considered if submitted to the Center Director in advance. The Finance Director must approve all payment arrangements.